4.15.2010

anniversary :)

Today is my three year anniversary with ck. We had a really sweet emotional conversation last night in bed, reminiscing about our awkward beginnings and the various trials and tribulations we've had along the way. We also tried to remember exactly when we fell in love with each other. It was so hard to pinpoint! It's hard to even remember before we were together, it just seems like we've always been this perfect and happy. :) :) :) Okay, I'll stop gushing.

Anyway, we have a history of making a bigger deal out of our anniversary than any other holidays. Our first anniversary we managed a weekend getaway to new york, including a visit with ck's sister and the best concert either of us had ever experienced. Last year we splurged on a ZipCar rental and tickets to see a live broadcast of a This American Life show in a movie theater near Wellesley. This year we decided to do something different. We decided to get rings for each other - not engagement rings, don't worry. We just both feel like it might be a little while before we are able to get married (come on, California), and we both actually wear rings daily, so it was a practical choice for an elaborate gift. We both found the rings on Etsy, mine is a really unique pearl with three tiny diamonds, and ck's is sterling silver with "I am a token of love, do not give me away" imprinted on it in Latin. I love them both!

For our actual anniversary day (today!!!) we decided to have a low-key date night. We're going to see The Silence of the Lambs (one of my all time favorite movies) on the big screen, and we're having dinner at this great vegetarian restaurant we've been wanting to try. I will definitely post about how it is later this week. I'm so excited!

Anyway, that's what is on my mind this morning.

*love*

1 comment:

  1. Happy belated anniversary!!!
    Boy do I ever remember your awkward beginnings. <3

    ReplyDelete